Foods To Avoid
- Chewy foods: bagels and hard rolls
- Crunchy foods: popcorn, ice, chips, pizza crust
- Sticky foods: caramels, gum
- Hard foods: nuts, candy
- Foods, you must bite into: corn on the cob, apples, carrots
- Chewing on hard things (for example, pens, pencils or fingernails) can damage the braces
Remember...Damaged braces will cause treatment to take longer!
View an informational video about foods to avoid
Parsons Orthodontics is absolutely wonderful! My daughter was apprehensive about getting braces and Dr Parsons and her staff made her feel comfortable and confident throughout the entire process. Carmen always makes us feel so welcome with her amazing customer service and Liz and Stephanie demonstrate both knowledge and professionalism. Dr Parsons is probably the most patient and kind provider I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. I do not hesitate in recommending her practice to anyone who is looking for quality medical care and outstanding service. Dr Parsons Orthodontics is a wonderful addition to our medical community.
— Elizabeth G.